Carrot Halwa is the quintessential Indian dessert, from North to South, its popularity lies unquestioned.
Today, we give you the recipe of the dish that never seizes to impress!
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 10 chopped roasted cashew nuts
- 2-3 saffron strands
- Fry the cashews and keep aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add grated carrots and fry for about 8-10 minutes
- Once the carrot slightly changes color, add the milk and cook until the milk gets absorbed by the carrots.
- Add the sugar, and cardamom powder
- Cook until the halwa reaches the right texture
- Garnish with cashew nuts and saffron strands
Enjoy your Carrot Halwa with loved ones!